The Cyber Security Evaluation Training will teach students, in a step-by-step method, how to assess their (security) control system and informational technology network security practices against recognized industry standards. The CSET addresses the 14 Control Points and their 110 related questions found in the NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) 800-171 Document. Businesses who are found to be in the DoD (Department of Defense) Supply Chain are required to be compliant with these standards.
- CSET contributes to an organization’s risk management and decision-making process
- Raises awareness and facilitates discussion on cybersecurity within the organization
- Highlights vulnerabilities in the organization’s systems and provides recommendations on ways to address the vulnerability
- Identifies areas of strength and best practices being followed in the organization
- Provides a method to systematically compare and monitor improvement in the cyber systems
- Provides a common industry-wide tool for assessing cyber systems