- This event has passed.
March 15 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Training Description: 5S Workplace Organization and Standardization: This training instills a five-step highly disciplined housekeeping technique. This technique provides the ‘how to’ for a manufacturer to clean up the typically disorganized work area and ensure the success of lean manufacturing on the shop floor.
The 5 steps are:
• Sort through all items and remove unneeded items
• Set in Order remaining items, set limits, create temporary location indicators
• Shine or clean everything and use cleaning as inspection
• Standardize the first 3 S’s by implementing visuals displays and controls
• Sustain the gains through self-discipline, training, communication and total employee involvement.
Training Objective: Students will experience and learn the basic 5S methodology
• Complete visual order & minimum waste of motion in the work area
• Maximize value adding work
• Point-of-Use Communications resulting in reduced scrap & rework
• Safety and improved Quality of Work Life
• A basis for Continuous Improvement
• “RED” Tagging Unneeded Items List
• Hands on experience with Setting-in-Order (Visuals)
• Workplace 5S Sustaining Plan and 30-day Kaizen To-Do List
Skill Attainment: 5S Kaizen training will provide a clear understanding and application of the 10 step kaizen process for improvement using the Deming Cycle of continuous improvement; Plan, Do, Check and Act. This training will be used over again and again and will become the standard method for addressing improvement opportunities going forward. The 5S technique provides the ‘how to’ to clean up the production and office areas that lets employees “see” for the first time the waste that is inherent to the process. This basic tool will become the first step for students to eliminate waste and to streamline work areas.