Cybersecurity ISO 27001 Information Session
October 18 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
The Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement went into effect December 31, 2017 for all Defense Contractors, Suppliers, and Defense Manufacturers regardless of size in an effort to secure Dept. of Defense Covered Defense Information (CDI) or Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
If your company generates any revenue related to the Department of Defense, this information is for you as it’s required for you to win and maintain future contracts.
ISO 27001 is the international standard that describes the best practice for establishing, implementing, and maintaining an information security management system (ISMS). ISO 27001 provides a system to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information. Achieving accredited certification to ISO 27001 demonstrates to existing and potential customers that your organization follows information security best practices and provides an independent, expert verification that information security is managed in line with international best practices and business objectives. This is especially relevant when seeking ways in which to prove compliance with data security requirements such as NIST 800 – 171.
This one-day course covers:
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation;
- The benefits of ISMS certification;
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application;
- The key elements of ISMS implementation project planning;
- The core elements of an ISMS;
- The key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment; and
- An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls.