Grant Info Session “Consortiums”
02/07/2019 @ 7:30 am - 10:30 am
MassMEP is providing a workshop designed to help companies prepare and apply for training funds through the Workforce Training Fund’s General Grant program for consortiums grants.
What is a consortium grant?
A consortium grant provides small to medium size companies an approach to continuous improvement training and manufacturing skills development with minimal cost, time and administrative responsibilities.
Each year the Commonwealth of Massachusetts awards millions of dollars in grant money to Massachusetts businesses under the Workforce Training Fund Program (WTFP). Why not be one of the next companies?
Our experts will guide you through the application process.
Specific topics covered in this workshop include:
What are the benefits of participating in a consortium grant?
- MassMEP writes the grant on the behalf of the participating companies and arranges for grant administration
- This approach enables small companies to train their organizations without taking everyone off the shop floor
- Training provides cross-training and up-skills your current workforce which improves employee engagement and retention
- Improves your company’s quality and productivity
- Expands your company’s capacity
“Train people well enough so they can leave.
Treat people well enough so they don’t want to.”
Who should attend: Decision makers in the company, Owners, Managers; HR, manufacturing, production, administration and finance.