- This event has passed.
Project Management Grant Info Session
08/28/2019 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am EDT
The MassMEP Project Management training consortium is designed to apply the project management best practices recognized by PMI® to successfully manage projects. The class is structured to take you from selecting a project through closing it. You will see how the PMI knowledge areas integrate to provide thorough planning which is key to a successful project today. Executing and Controlling will provide techniques to manage your teams and stakeholder relationships. Closing will address closing both projects and contracts.
This 4-part workshop series is designed to develop and train Massachusetts manufacturers with Project Management tools and skills needed to compete on the local and global stage. Workshops will include;
- Selection of your project
- Developing a Project Charter in the Initiation Stage
- Planning the project via a “To Do” list known as the Work Breakdown Structure
- Develop Project Schedules so to identify duration estimates, identify the Critical Path, and develop the project schedule
- Develop cost estimates and budgets, establish cost baselines to determine needed resources
- Analyze and Plan Risk…identify Risks and Risk Triggers, perform Risk Analysis, develop Risk Register for Risk Response Plan
- Planning Project Quality, Staffing, Communications and Procurement
- “Work the Plan” as we enter Execution Phase, usually longest phase of Project, utilize and develop the project team
- Monitoring & Controlling the Project – investigate the different ways to manage changes to the performance baselines, Project Scope Changes, Cost Baseline Changes and addressing Risk
- Closure – as you get ready for Closing the Project, review “Lessons Learned” and prepare to hand-off to the client or customer
The Project Management Consortium will consist of 4- 6 companies interested in learning how to initiate, improve or validate their project management personnel and processes. This is an excellent opportunity to streamline documentation and develop efficiencies by using and reusing effective tools and templates; also, by diligently following the Lessons Learned approach you will have an excellent opportunity to reduce errors, risks and improve “PM” performance.
These workshops will be covered under a Workforce Training Grant submitted by the MassMEP once a commitment is confirmed with the participating qualified companies.REGISTER HERE