- This event has passed.
Growth:The Silent Killer
11/07/2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
According to a compilation of several studies by Moya Mason, an estimated 100 Million companies are started each year worldwide (11.000 each hour). About that same amount also fail each year. One of the major causes of failure or stagnation in business is growth. There are myriad reasons for this such as poor hiring, financial mismanagement, poor strategy, growing too fast that all can be traced back to mismanaged growth. It is easy to fall into this trap over time which is why most businesses fail in less than a decade.
Companies that endure, that last decades, generations and centuries typically make a handful of decisions right. For instance, when Alan Mulally helped to turn around Ford in the middle of the worst financial crisis of our lifetime, he focused on these four things:
- Aggressively restructure to operate profitably at the current demand and changing model mix. (EXECUTION)
- Accelerate development of new products our customers want and value. (STRATEGY)
- Finance our plan and improve our balance sheet. (CASH)
- Work together effectively as one team. (PEOPLE)
- How growth can become a silent killer of business
- How to build a systematic decision framework for your business like Alan MulallyPractice, Practice, Practice –
- Bill will lead us through at least 2 simple, practical and actionable exercises
The audience will come away with a real sense of why and how growth if managed improperly can stealthily stall and/or kill their businesses. They will also be led through practical exercises that they can act upon as soon as they get back to the office.
Over the past several years, he has become a Certified Gazelles coach and Predictive Index Practitioner. He travels the country each year speaking to hundreds of CEOs as a Vistage Resource Speaker. He also keeps his hands in the startup world as a Mass Challenge Mentor and volunteer for NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship).